On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Right now we're on track to have all of those things done by tomorrow.
> Since the remaining issues are either not technical or do not involve major
> changes, I was hoping we could +1 this merge vote in the spirit of "+1
> pending jenkins". We've gotten clean unit test runs on upstream Jenkins as
> well, so the only fixups we should need for test-patch.sh are findbugs and
> javac (which are normally pretty trivial to clean up). Of course, all of
> your listed prereqs and test-patch would be taken care of before actually
> merging to trunk.
>
> So, we can reset the vote if you feel strongly about this, but it seems
> like the only real result will be delaying the merge by a week.

I agree with this. Chris raised some concerns 6 days ago, but seems like
these have all been addressed since then. Resetting the vote would seem to
serve little purpose except to delay the merge by another week. If the
merge vote were to be restarted, I'd expect that we'd quickly see the
requisite three +1s be cast, and then we'd wait around for 7 days.

Chris, does this make sense to you? Appreciate a prompt response since I
believe this vote is supposed to close at midnight tonight.

Thanks folks.

Best,
Aaron