I don't think any of what you describe below is a regression in behavior
from earlier releases. The fs.defaultFS has been set to file:/// for a long
time, and likewise you've similarly had to set up your YARN configs. Given
that, I don't think this warrants a new RC.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera