Alright, dug around some more and I think it's that FINDBUGS_HOME is not
being set correctly. I downloaded and extracted Findbugs 1.3.9, pointed
FINDBUGS_HOME at it, and the build worked after that. I don't know what's
up with the default maven build, it'd be great if someone could check.

Can someone with access to the build machines check this?

As a side note, I think 1.3.9 was released in 2009. It'd be nice to catch
up with the last 5 years of static analysis :)