Folks,

 With hadoop-2.5 nearly done, it's time to start thinking ahead to hadoop-2.6.

 Currently, here is the Roadmap per the wiki:

        • HADOOP
                • Credential provider HADOOP-10607
        • HDFS
                • Heterogeneous storage (Phase 2) - Support APIs for using
storage tiers by the applications HDFS-5682
                • Memory as storage tier HDFS-5851
        • YARN
                • Dynamic Resource Configuration YARN-291
                • NodeManager Restart YARN-1336
                • ResourceManager HA Phase 2 YARN-556
                • Support for admin-specified labels in YARN YARN-796
                • Support for automatic, shared cache for YARN application
artifacts YARN-1492
                • Support NodeGroup layer topology on YARN YARN-18
                • Support for Docker containers in YARN YARN-1964
                • YARN service registry YARN-913

 My suspicion is, as is normal, some will make the cut and some won't. Please
do add/subtract from the list as appropriate. Ideally, it would be good to ship
hadoop-2.6 in a 6-8 weeks (say, October) to keep up a cadence.

 More importantly, as we discussed previously, we'd like hadoop-2.6 to be the
*last* Apache Hadoop 2.x release which support JDK6. I'll start a discussion
with other communities (HBase, Pig, Hive, Oozie etc.) and see how they feel
about this.

thanks,
Arun

--