On Dec 14, 2014, at 8:38 AM, Allen Wittenauer <a...@altiscale.com> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2014, at 4:05 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> The shell scripts are also undertested and only intermittently maintained
>> —there's been recent work there in HADOOP-9902(?)  which is a great
>> improvement to trunk. If you can help test the CLI on your OS, that will
>> save you support calls.
>
>       That reminds me to file a JIRA for this…
>
>       AFAIK, there is only one thing that I’ve found breaks on modern-ish
> Solaris/Illumos:

        Well, slight correction:  only one thing in the code that has been
replaced.  There are a two patches waiting to get reviewed and applied that fix
the rest of the shipping shell code: HADOOP-10788 and HADOOP-11346. HDFS-7460
is waiting on HADOOP-10788 since I’m consolidating the tomcat driver code, but
it will be effectively a clone of HADOOP-10788’s code.

        I haven’t looked at all at things like test-patch or other stuff in
dev-support, which I’m sure are all in an… uhh… “interesting” state.