Hi Allen,

Thanks a lot for your input!

Looks like problem a, c, d you listed is not too bad, assuming we can solve
d by pulling this info from jira as Sean pointed out.

Problem b (branch mergers) seems to be a real one, and your approach of
using JIRA system to build changes.txt is a reasonably good way. This does
count on that we update jira accurately. Since this update is a manual
process, it's possible to have inconsistency, but may be not too bad. Since
any mistake found here can be remedied by fixing the jira side and
refreshing the result.

I wonder if we as a community should switch to using your way, and save
committer's effort of taking care of CHANGES.txt (quite some save IMO).
Hope more people can share their thoughts.

Thanks.

--Yongjun