Thank you, Arpit.  In addition, I suggest we include the following:

HADOOP-11333. Fix deadlock in DomainSocketWatcher when the notification
pipe is full
HADOOP-11604. Prevent ConcurrentModificationException while closing domain
sockets during shutdown of DomainSocketWatcher thread.
HADOOP-11648. Set DomainSocketWatcher thread name explicitly
HADOOP-11802. DomainSocketWatcher thread terminates sometimes after there
is an I/O error during requestShortCircuitShm

HADOOP-11604 and 11648 are not critical by themselves, but they are
pre-requisites to getting a clean cherry-pick of 11802, which we believe
finally fixes the root cause of this issue.

--Chris Nauroth