Hi,

I checked 2.6.2-RC0, based on my check-list:

 - Signatures and message digests all are good in general.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README for the source artifacts are
good - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs and mapped are correctly located.
 - Able to build the tars out of the source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode.

- Started HDFS daemons successfully , created directories.
- Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager, NodeManager and Timeline
Service
- Successfully started MapReduce history server.
- Ran DistributedShell as a native YARN app.
- Ran wordcount, pi, random writer, sort, grep and they all pass just fine.
- Navigated through the RM, NM and Timeline UIs to make sure the views are
working well.

With that, here's my +1 for the RC.

Thanks,
+Vinod