Thanks for the confirm and further inputs, Steve.

>> the latter would dramatically reduce the cost of wire-encrypting IPC.
Yes to optimize Hadoop IPC/RPC encryption is another opportunity Kerby can help
with, it's possible because we may hook Chimera or AES-NI thing into the
Kerberos layer by leveraging the Kerberos library. As it may be noted,
HADOOP-12725 is on the going for this aspect. There may be good result and
further update on this recently.

>> For now, I'd like to see basic steps -upgrading minkdc to krypto, see how it
>> works.
Yes, starting with this initial steps upgrading MiniKDC to use Kerby is the
right thing we could do. After some interactions with Kerby project, we may
have more ideas how to proceed on the followings.

>> Long term, I'd like Hadoop 3 to be Kerby-ized
This sounds great! With necessary support from the community like feedback and
patch reviewing, we can speed up the related work.

Regards,
Kai