- We need to at the least force a reset of expectations w.r.t how trunk and
small / medium / incompatible changes there are treated. We should hold off
making a release off trunk before this gets fully discussed in the community
and we all reach a consensus.

+1. We should hold off any release work off trunk before we reach a consensus.
Or more and more developing work/features could be affected just like Larry
mentioned.

- Reverts (or revert and move to a feature-branch) shouldn’t have been
unequivocally done without dropping a note / informing everyone / building
consensus.

Agree. To revert commits from other committers, I think we need to: 1) provide
technical evidence/reason that is solid as rack, like: break functionality,
tests, API compatibility, or significantly offend code convention, etc. 2)
Making consensus with related contributors/committers based on these technical
reasons/evidences. Unfortunately, I didn't see we ever do either thing in this
case.

- Freaking out on -1’s and reverts - we as a community need to be less
stigmatic about -1s / reverts.

+1. As a community, I believe we all prefer to work in a more friendly
environment. In many cases, -1 without solid reason will frustrate people who
are doing contributions. I think we should restraint our -1 unless it is really
necessary.

Thanks,

Junping