Hi Sangjin,

I'm thinking it's time for 2.6.5 release. Now there are 51 fixed issues in 2.6.5 and the number is more than 2.6.4 (47).

> How long do we maintain this line? What would be a sensible EOL policy?

Ideally 5 years, because most of our customers in Japan are using Hadoop cluster without upgrading for about 5 years. However, it's probably impossible for us to achieve the long term maintenance in the community because the maintenance cost is too high. Therefore, my answer is "longer is better".

By the way, I'm thinking we can reduce the maintenance cost by selecting which branch to maintenance for a long time. An example is Ubuntu LTS. Ubuntu Server LTS is maintained for 5 years but the other releases are not.

Regards,
Akira