+1. Resetting the 2.8 effort and the branch at this point may be
counter-productive. IMO we should focus on resolving the remaining blockers
and getting it out the door. I also think that we should seriously consider
2.9 as well, as a fairly large number of changes have accumulated in
branch-2 (over branch-2.8).

Sangjin