On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Zhe Zhang <zhe.zhang.resea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice work Kai! Quick comment: have you considered Bigtop? It allows
> creating a multi-node docker cluster too. But I'm not sure if Bigtop takes
> a custom built Hadoop (from the instructions I read, it builds from a
> certain git branch; I'm not sure if that customizable).

That's perfectly customizable. What's cool about Bigtop is that it allows
you to provision not just Hadoop but tons of other big data projects since
it is all driven by the set of Puppet recipes. The very same set of Puppet
recipes that also drive Canonical's Juju:
    https://jujucharms.com/big-data

Thanks,
Roman.