Folks,

With the release for 2.8, we would like to look ahead to 2.9 release as
there are many features/improvements in branch-2 (about 1062 commits), that
are in need of a release vechile.

Here's our first cut of the proposal from the YARN side:

   1. Scheduler improvements (decoupling allocation from node heartbeat,
   allocation ID, concurrency fixes, LightResource etc).
   2. Timeline Service v2
   3. Opportunistic containers
   4. Federation

We would like to hear a formal list from HDFS & Hadoop (& MapReduce if any)
and will update the Roadmap wiki accordingly.

Considering our familiarity with the above mentioned YARN features, we
would like to volunteer as the co-RMs for 2.9.0.

We want to keep the timeline at 8-12 weeks to keep the release pragmatic.

Feedback?

-Subru/Arun