This has gotten bad enough that people are dismissing legitimate test
failures among the noise.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<a...@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
>         Someone should probably invest some time into integrating the HBase
> flaky test code a) into Yetus and then b) into Hadoop.

What does the HBase flaky test code do? Another extension to
test-patch could run all new/modified tests multiple times, and report
to JIRA if any run fails.

Test code is not as thoroughly reviewed, and we shouldn't expect that
will change. We can at least identify the tests that are unreliable,
assign responsibility for fixing them, and disable noisy tests so we
can start trusting the CI output. I'd rather miss a regression by
disabling a flaky test than lose confidence in the CI infrastructure.

Would anyone object to disabling, even deleting failing tests in trunk
until they're fixed? -C