From: Eric Payne <eric.payne1...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:51 PM
To: Junping Du; common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Thanks Junping for the hard work on this release.

+1 (binding)

On a 6 node pseudo cluster (4 NMs), I performed the following manual tests:

- Built and installed from source

- Successfully ran a stream job

- Verified that user weights are honored by assigning the appropriate amount of
resources to the weighted users.

- Ensured that FiarOrderingPolicy and FifoOrderingPolicy worked in the Capacity
Scheduler as expected

- Applications with higher priorities are assigned containers as expected in
the FifoOrderingPolicy of the Capacity Scheduler until the user reaches its
user resource limit.

Eric Payne

________________________________
From: Junping Du <j...@hortonworks.com>
To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
"mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
"yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:58 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Hi all,
    I've created the first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.3.
This is our next maint release to follow up 2.8.2. It includes 79 important
fixes and improvements.

      The RC artifacts are available at:
http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.3-RC0

      The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.3-RC0

      The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1072

      Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
working days, ending on 12/12/2017 PST time.

Thanks,

Junping