Hi  All,

We have successfully released Apache Hadoop 2.9.0 in Nov. 2017 [1] with 30 new
features, 407 improvements, 790 bug fixes new fixed issues since 2.8.2.   To
further improve the quality and stability of the release,  we plan to start the
2.9.1 release work.

The priority of 2.9.1 will be fixing blockers,  critical bugs,  bug fixes and
improvements.   So far, I don't see any pending blockers and critical bugs on
2.9.1[2].

We plan to cut the branch-2.9.1 on March 1st,  and targeting for March 9th
release.

For all coming commits to land on branch-2.9, please mark the fix version as
2.9.1.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any thoughts or comments on the
plan.

[1] http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.9.0/

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12342845

Bests,