Hi All,

We have released Apache Hadoop 3.0.2 in April of this year [1]. Since then,
there are quite some commits done to branch-3.0. To further improve the
quality of release, we plan to do 3.0.3 release now. The focus of 3.0.3
will be fixing blockers (3), critical bugs (17) and bug fixes (~130), see
[2].

Usually no new feature should be included for maintenance releases, I
noticed we have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13055 in the
branch classified as new feature. I will talk with the developers to see if
we should include it in 3.0.3.

I also noticed that there are more commits in the branch than can be found
by query [2], also some commits committed to 3.0.3 do not have their jira
target release field filled in accordingly. I will go through them to
update the jira.

We plan to cut branch-3.0.3 by the coming Wednesday (May 9th) and vote for
RC on May 30th, targeting for Jun 8th release.

Your insights are welcome.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/general@hadoop.apache.org/msg07790.html

> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343874  See Note below
 Note: seems I need some admin change so that I can make the filter in [2]
public, I'm working on that. For now, you can use jquery
(project = hadoop OR project = "Hadoop HDFS" OR project = "Hadoop YARN" OR
project = "Hadoop Map/Reduce") AND fixVersion in (3.0.3) ORDER BY priority
DESC

Thanks and best regards,

--Yongjun