From: Wangda Tan [mailto:wheele...@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 April 2018 17:49
To: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org; Hdfs-dev <hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Apache Hadoop 3.1.1 release plan

Hi, All

We have released Apache Hadoop 3.1.0 on Apr 06. To further improve the quality
of the release, we plan to release 3.1.1 at May 06. The focus of 3.1.1 will be
fixing blockers / critical bugs and other enhancements. So far there are 100
JIRAs [1] have fix version marked to 3.1.1.

We plan to cut branch-3.1.1 on May 01 and vote for RC on the same day.

Please feel free to share your insights.

Thanks,
Wangda Tan

[1] project in (YARN, "Hadoop HDFS", "Hadoop Common", "Hadoop Map/Reduce") AND
fixVersion = 3.1.1