On 15 May 2018, at 20:37, Sean Busbey
<bus...@cloudera.com<mailto:bus...@cloudera.com>> wrote:

apologies, copying back in common-dev@ with my question about the code.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM, Sean Busbey
<bus...@cloudera.com<mailto:bus...@cloudera.com>> wrote:
>  Internal constraints prevented this feature from being developed in Apache,
> so we want to ensure that all the code is discussed, maintainable, and
> documented by the community before it merges.

Has this code gone through ASF IP Clearance already?

It's been submitted as a large .patch on the JIRA, which is an effective code
donation, and Thomas and Esfandiar have done the paperwork to be able to commit
straight to a branch. Part of that merge will include the usual verification
that redistributed dependency artifacts aren't cat-X licensed.