Got pinged about this offline.

Thanks for keeping at it, Marton!

I think there are two road-blocks here
 (1) Is the mechanism using which the website is built good enough - mvn-site /
hugo etc?
 (2) Is the new website good enough?

For (1), I just think we need more committer attention and get feedback rapidly
and get it in.

For (2), how about we do it in a different way in the interest of progress?
 - We create a hadoop.apache.org/new-site/ where this new site goes.
 - We then modify the existing web-site to say that there is a new
site/experience that folks can click on a link and navigate to
 - As this new website matures and gets feedback & fixes, we finally pull the
plug at a later point of time when we think we are good to go.

Thoughts?

+Vinod