+1, I have code reviewed many of these changes and it is an essential set of
changes for HDDS/Ozone.
Thank you for getting this done.

Thanks
Anu

On 6/29/18, 3:14 PM, "Bharat Viswanadham" <bviswanad...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Fixing subject line of the mail.

    Thanks,
    Bharat

    On 6/29/18, 3:10 PM, "Bharat Viswanadham" <bviswanad...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

        Hi All,

        Given the positive response to the discussion thread [1], here is the
formal vote thread to merge HDDS-48 in to trunk.

        Summary of code changes:
        1. Code changes for this branch are done in the hadoop-hdds subproject
and hadoop-ozone subproject, there is no impact to hadoop-hdfs.
        2. Added support for multiple container types in the datanode code path.
        3. Added disk layout logic for the containers to supports future
upgrades.
        4. Added support for volume Choosing policy to distribute containers
across disks on the datanode.
        5. Changed the format of the .container file to a human-readable format
(yaml)

         The vote will run for 7 days, ending Fri July 6th. I will start this
vote with my +1.

        Thanks,
        Bharat

        [1]