+1.

I like the idea.

For me, submarine/ML-job-execution seems to be a natural extension of
the existing Hadoop/Yarn capabilities.

And like the proposed project structure / release lifecycle, too. I
think it's better to be more modularized but keep the development in the
same project. IMHO it worked well with the Ozone releases. We can do
more frequent releases and support multiple versions of core hadoop but
the tested new improvements could be moved back to the hadoop-common.

Marton