Hi Marton,

Thank you for your input.  I agree with most of what you said with a few
exceptions.  Security fix should result in a different version of the image
instead of replace of a certain version.  Dockerfile is most likely to change
to apply the security fix.  If it did not change, the source has instability
over time, and result in non-buildable code over time.  When maven release is
automated through Jenkins, this is a breeze of clicking a button.  Jenkins even
increment the target version automatically with option to edit.  It makes
release manager's job easier than Homer Simpson's job.

If versioning is done correctly, older branches can have the same docker
subproject, and Hadoop 2.7.8 can be released for older Hadoop branches.  We
don't generate timeline paradox to allow changing the history of Hadoop 2.7.1.
That release has passed and let it stay that way.

There are mounting evidence that Hadoop community wants docker profile for
developer image.  Precommit build will not catch some build errors because more
codes are allowed to slip through using profile build process.  I will make
adjustment accordingly unless 7 more people comes out and say otherwise.

Regards,
Eric