On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 7:29 PM Eric Badger
<ebad...@verizonmedia.com.invalid> wrote:

> Where would JIRA fit into the PR workflow? Would we file JIRAs just to
> track github PRs and have all of the discussion on the PR?

Every code contribution needs its JIRA for: tracking, release notes, cross
referencing; every committed patch needs that JIRA reference.

Reviews of specific patches go into the PRs

I actually think discussion about overall direction of work is better in
the JIRA, because a complex piece of work can have multiple PRs: different
attempts where when you need to rebase its best to create a new one so the
old discussion is still linked to specific lines of code, and when
different people take a PR and contribute their own work.

That split of comments across >1 PR is one of the costs of using github for
review.