Thanks Vinay for starting the thread.

I agree to Anu's view point related to protobuf. And with the suggestion
pointed out by Duo Zhang, if we can make use
of org.xolstice.maven.plugins:protobuf-maven-plugin, our upgrade to 3.0.0
of protobuf will also be more easier.

However i think its better to do this effort in trunk itself.
In offline talks, few members were interested to start 3.3.0 release. And
given that happens soon, I feel its better
we do this task in trunk itself as branch diverge is very much possible.
And to bring to call a merge on such a big branch will be even more tough
task.

my 2 cents.

Thanks
Sunil