(Cross posting from user list based on feedback by Sean Busbey)

All,

Just saw the announcement for new release for Hadoop 3.2.1, congratulations
team and thanks for all the hard work!

Are we going to see a new release in the 2.x.x ?

I noticed a bunch of tickets that have been resolved in the last year have
been tagged with 2.10.0 as a fix version and it's been a while since 2.9.2
was released so I was wondering if we are going to see a 2.10.0 release
soon OR should we start looking to upgarde to 3.x line ?

The reason I ask is that we are seeing very high ReadBlockOp Latency on our
datanodes and feel that the issue is due to some locking going on between
VolumeScanner, DirectoryScanner, RW Block Operations and MetricsRegistry.
Looking at a few JIRA it looks like 2.10.0 might have some fixes that we
should try, not fully sure yet!

Thanks,
Viral