> The immediate problem we need to fix is to prevent github updates from
> spamming the dev mailing list.
> github to that?

For me, it's less confusing to create both of the issues and the dev list at the same time. Just to follow the existing pattern.

I would prefer to solve multiple problems at the same time:

 * remove the notification noise from the hdfs-dev
 * create a place where certain features / design decision can be discussed

I assume that we will follow the current practice:

* Generic hadoop-storage specific information / summaries can be sent to both hdfs-dev/ozone-dev

 * Low-level design discussions can be part of ozone-dev only

But if you see any problem with ozone-dev please downvote that part and I will create only the -issues list...

Thanks,
Marton