As long as there is a proper announcement and deprecation path I'm +1. I
know some third party products relied on hadoop pipes as a workaround to
run parallelized version of their existing binaries, so assuming some are
still being used people should be aware of this proposal.

Thanks!
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.