> 2. Dedicate a community "Bug Bash Day" / "Fix it Day". We had a bug bash
> day two years ago, and maybe it's time to repeat it again:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75965105
>  this
> is going to be tricky as we are in a pandemic and most of the community are
> working from home, unlike the last time when we can lock ourselves in a
> conference room and force everybody to work :)

How about the following idea:

We set a monthly window during which only Unit test fixes can be merged.
Any other commit that is not directly
linked to Junit test failures would be blocked until the end of this
"Bug-Window".
For example, we set "Bug-days" to be from 25th to 31st of each month. All
commits during those days are meant to
fix and improve the testing environment.

Any thoughts?