Greetings:

Are any Hadoop developers working/running on Windows 10 Pro x64 (AMD)?

If so, how did you get Hadoop to work/run?

---
I am told that to run on Windows 10 Pro x64, that I need to
set:  HADOOP_HOME  ( I set to C:\hadoop)
create %HADOOP_HOME%/bin

and put two files in there

hadoop.dll
winutils.exe

and to put %HADOOP_HOME%/bin in my path.

I searched and found hadoop.dll and winutils.exe here:

https://github.com/cdarlint/winutils

but when I tried using 3.2.1 , I get (when running)

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe":
CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the
version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information
and then contact the software publisher

---
I tried following the instructions for compiling hadoop.dll and
winutils.exe, but it is simply not humanly possible.  If so, try it, follow
the instructions and you will see.

---
I want to ask if anyone has, or knows where i can get ;   hadoop.dll and
winutils.exe or can please help me compile.

I have Windows 10 Pro with cygwin installed.  I do not want to install
anything else beyond this as it super craps out my machine when I install
any developer tool or IDE from Microsoft.

--
I needed to get Hadoop on Windows up and running a month ago, I am way
behind and the project is in jeopardy.

So Jesus please, if anyone is doing this (compiling), please let me know.

--
Also why can't there be a /binaries/win/3.2.1/* directory somewhere, these
can be downloaded.  Many thousands of people, beyond myself, are having

Every place I go, Windows 10 Pro is on the desk for development use.  I do
not see that developers are giving Linux boxes for development.  yes we
deploy to Linux, Cloud, but IDE's run on Windows - few use Macs here and
there.  I'm not making this up, look at the numbers.

If you are surrounded by people that run macs, you are in a bubble, it's
predominantly Windows out there in the dev world.

thank you