While this RC is not going to be final, I just wanted to share the results
of the testing I have done so far with RC1 and RC2.

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_341): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_341): ok
 - mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Built tar from source (1.8.0_341): ok
 - mvn clean package  -Pdist -DskipTests -Dtar -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

* Built images using the tarball, installed and started all of Hdfs, JHS
and Yarn components
* Ran Hbase (latest 2.5) tests against Hdfs, ran RowCounter Mapreduce job
* Hdfs CRUD tests
* MapReduce wordcount job

* Ran S3A tests with scale profile against us-west-2:
mvn clean verify -Dparallel-tests -DtestsThreadCount=8 -Dscale

ITestS3AConcurrentOps#testParallelRename is timing out after ~960s. This is
consistently failing, looks like a recent regression.
I was also able to repro on trunk, will create Jira.