So we're talking to Dell about their new PowerEdge c2100 servers for a Hadoop cluster but I'm wondering. Isn't this still a little overboard for nodes in a cluster? I'm wondering if we bought say 100 poweredge 2750's instead of just 50 c2100's. The price would be about the same for the configuration we're talking about and we would get twice as many nodes.

I'm curious if any other's are running Dell PowerEdge servers with Hadoop.

We've also been kicking the idea around of going with blade servers (Dell and/or HP).

Just curious

Thanks!!