Hi

   I'm using FileInputFormat which will split files logically according to
their sizes into splits. Can the mapper get a pointer to these splits? and
know which split it is assigned ?

   I tried looking up the Reporter class and see how is it printing the
logical splits on the UI for each mapper .. but it's an interface.

   Eg.
        Mapper1:  is assigned the logical split
"hdfs://localhost:9000/user/Hadoop/input:23+24"
        Mapper2:  is assigned the logical split
"hdfs://localhost:9000/user/Hadoop/input:0+23"

     Then inside map, I want to ask what are the logical splits and get the
upper two strings and know which one my current mapper is assigned.

 Thanks,
Mark