Very clear.  The comic format works indeed quite well.
I never considered comics as a serious ("professional") way to get something
explained efficiently,
but this shows people should think twice before they start writing their next
documentation.

one question though: if a DN has a corrupted block, why does the NN only remove
the bad DN from the block's list, and not the block from the DN list?
(also, does it really store the data in 2 separate tables?  This looks to me
like 2 different views of the same data?)

Dieter