If I am correct :

For setting mappers/node --- mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
For setting reducers/node --- mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum

For setting mappers/job ---- mapred.map.tasks (applicable for whole cluster)
For setting reducers/job ---- mapred.reduce.tasks(same)

You can change these values in your M/R code using Job / configurattion
object

Thanks,
Praveenesh