Arun,

I am running the latest CDH3, which I re-installed yesterday, so I believe
it is Hadoop 0.21.

I have about 6000 maps emitted, and 16 spills, and then I see Mapper
cleanup() being called, after which I get this error

2012-05-23 20:22:58,108 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running
child : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.IFile$Reader.readNextBlock(IFile.java:355)

Thank you,
Mark