I'm +1 on the mapper in commons.  A
validation/transformation package would be very useful
to people.  I haven't used it, but I looked at it a
little last night.  There is some overlapping
functionality between the Validator and the Mapper,
but the Validator seems like it can do some things
that the Mapper can't (besides transformations).  I
was wondering though if we couldn't make a shared base
of validation/transformation routines.  E-mail
validation, credit cards, dates, etc.  Then both
projects would benefit from any contributions and/or
bug fixes.

David

=== message truncated ===