On 2/3/02 9:57 AM, "Bryan Field-Elliot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the great feedback!
>
> Yes, I identified early on that I'd like to move the initialization to
> an XML file using Digester (a tool I admittedly haven't had time to
> learn), rather than force the user to implement a Simper.IInit class.
> One possible caveat however, is that sometimes you actually have to
> write code in order to grab a DataSource from whatever connection pool
> you're using, rather than just refer to it in the XML file. However,
> careful use of adaptor classes could be thrown into the mix here (e.g. a
> class which gets the DataSource from Struts, another one which gets it
> from DBCP, etc).
>
> We are also on the same wavelength regarding the transaction
> startup/commit logic, and that it shouldn't necessarily be tied directly
> to the Servlet 2.3 Filter mechanism. I've already had an eye on
> extracting that as well into something more generic, and then providing
> an adaptor class which wraps it into a Servlet Filter. This is an easy
> one to knock off and I may do it this coming week.
>
> I'd also like to set up a CVS repository and mailing list (and a
> slightly more interesting website) this week in order to let others Ted
> really contribute. Ultimately I'd be happy to see this adopted into
> Jakarta somewhere (Commons, Sandbox, whatever), but I'm in no hurry and
> certainly don't want to cause an uproar regarding the bending of rules
> (since I'm not a committer).

That actually remains to be explained what rules we would be bending :)

I mean, what you have is 'small' and component-like, and you appear to be
getting huge amounts of participation from here...

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting