Hi,
Yes we it is better to use standard interfaces, we can use JAAS,
I am not sure, but it seems JAAS is added to JDK 1.4 and it is possible
to download it for JDK 1.3. It has configuration files,
plugable login modules , principals, groups ... , but I think we will need
it only
for authentication ( LoginContext, LoginModule, Subject ), authorization
must be more flexible.
we will need this logic :
 1. " Subject Has Permission on Class"
 2. " Subject Has Permission on Method"
 3. " Subject Has Permission on Object"
JAAS will not help for this authorization, it because we must grant some
permissions on
runtime.
Good examples for security (Authorization) design is jakarta-slide and
www.jboss.org