> So are you saying your patch won't work?
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=101953795432669&w=2
>
> :)
>

> That patch is still on my radar.  I just haven't had the chance to do
> anything with it yet. I've been swamped with too many other things.

*blush*

I thought the patch had been ignored, given that it's controversial.
(The patch alters the advertised behavior of the fast classes).

However, it really will work on existing JVM platforms (I have confirmed
this with Bill Pugh, the guy who wrote the "Double-Checked Locking is
Broken!" declaration), and it provides a migration path to future JVM
platforms with better memory models...

Anyway, there are two separate issues, one involving sublists/submaps/
collection views, and one involving the Java Memory Model.  I've
opened another bug for the memory model issue...

I'll shut up about the Fast classes now. :)

-Paul