Well I definitely have some interest. In the past few days I have been
working on just this. The project that I'm working on is based on
'Projects' which have a 'ProjectSpecification'. We have a need to maintain
an audit trail of changes to the ProjectSpecification, and the ability to
show the changes between 2 different ProjectSpecifications. The
ProjectSpecification consists of a fairly large (and growing) graph of
objects.

I would certainly be interested in sharing ideas.

Dave Derry

                      "Laird J. Nelson"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      mherst.edu>                  cc:

                                                   Subject: [BeanUtils] Javabean diff?

                      01/30/2003 07:23 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Jakarta Commons

                      Developers List"

Hi; I had written to the -user list about this subject a couple of days
ago,
and Henri Yandell expressed some interest, so I'll carry the nascent thread
over here.

I have a weird requirement at my real job related to Java bean graphs.  For
reasons that owe much more to bad web services design than anything else, I
find I need to take two Java bean graphs--one which started out as a clone
of the other--and extract in some fashion only those paths that reflect how
the second graph differs from the first.  Think of the diff program applied
to Java beans: the output, or a derivative of that output, would describe
only what modifications would need to be made to the first graph to make it
become the second graph.

I figured that this would make an interesting add-on to BeanUtils.  There
also seem to be some JXPath-ish bits in here.  Is there interest in the
BeanUtils/commons community for such a facility?

Cheers,
Laird
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]