Firstly, take a look at the latest CVS. You will find a PredicateUtils that
may have various of your ideas in it. Also take a look at CollectionUtils as
that already has some filtering code.

It sounds like you still might have some code for us to look at after this.
If so, then I would suggest creating a Bugzilla entry with atachments.

One final word. It may be better to separate the PropertyUtils part from the
rest if possible, as [collections] is, not surprisingly, collections
focussed. As a result the properties part may be rejected as out of scope.

looking forward to seeing some code.

Stephen


----- Original Message -----
From: "Howie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hi.  I have a bunch of classes that may fit nicely into
> commons-collections.  Specifically:
>
> * 10 Predicate Objects:  AndPredicate, BetweenPredicate,
> ContainsPredicate, EqualToPredicate, GreaterThanPredicate, InPredicate,
> LessThanPredicate, NotPredicate, NullPredicate, OrPredicate.  These all
> function similar to NeXT's EOQualifier classes, if you're familiar with
> those.
>
> * some Predicate utilities to filter a List and return a new,
> non-backed List, to the user.  Could probably just add these to
> ListUtils and the like.
>
> * a Property Comparator object that uses PropertyUtils to get a
> property, then compare it to some 'static' value.  Most of the
> Predicate classes mentioned above make use of this, as it's really,
> really neat.
>
> How can I go about submitting these to commons-collections for
> consideration?  I've been using these classes at the office for a
> little more than a year now, and I'm thinking others would find them
> interesting, too.
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to