Hi all

I have made a mavenized commons site with an alternative menu structure to the current proposal (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons-mavenized).
The page content has to be updated but I wanted to show the menu first.

http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons-site/index.html

and as example I have also rendered the DBCP component site:
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons-site/dbcp/index.html

As you can see the general pages and the component site have a very similar menu structure. The common site has a download, CVS & related top menus where the component site has a component specific top level menu (including a specific download page) & Project Documentation.

I collapsed the components & sandbox menus. If a direct link from the homepage to each component is needed then I propose a table on the page itself like on the jakarta homepage.

Now you have to click on the components/sandbox menu item and then select a component (2 clicks).

Comments?

-- Dirk