On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:10:15 +1000, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yep, and under gump there is a build.properties set up to hijack all the
> versions :)
>
> Remove build.properties under gump and you go back to having this behaviour.
>
> We don't necessarily need gump to do nightly builds however - it really
> is just a matter of maven jar:deploy-snapshot run regularly. The trick
> is keeping it consistent with the ant-based nightlies, having somewhere
> to run it, and when to run it - do you really need nightlies on commons
> components, or should it be triggered by commits?

A few quick comments:

1) Not all Commons components are set up for Maven builds, so the
"just a matter of" doesn't apply in all cases.
2) The Commons nightly builds are just one part of the wider Jakarta
nightly build, and certainly not all Jakarta projects use Maven, or
are likely to do so any time soon.
3) To answer the last question above - yes, we want nightly builds. I
don't think we want to load up the Apache infrastructure with
continuous commit-triggered builds for all of the Jakarta projects, or
even just for Commons components. Having a nightly build gives us a
predictable load at a known time.

--
Martin Cooper