On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:43:58 +0100, Stephen Colebourne
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: "Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I'd like to have IO handle filenames similar to how java.io.File handles
> > them. Internally, the separators are all normalized to a "/" and after
> > processing converted back to the platform dependant separators as
> > necessary. On Windows you can write "C:\Temp\myfile.txt" or
> > "C:/Temp/myfile.txt". Both works. IMO that's a good thing and IO should
> > work the same.
>
> +1 for this behaviour.

OK, I've made the changes so that this is the behaviour for
getExtension() and removeExtension(), which were the cases that had
the problems before. There may be other places that have the same
issue, though - I haven't dug around to see.

I don't have a *nix box handy to check that everything works there, so
if someone else does, it would be nice to have confirmation that the
tests, at least, pass.

--
Martin Cooper