Hello everybody,

my name is Tomas Znamenacek, I am an employee of IBM and I have been
working with Richard Sitze on the proposal for enterprise level Commons
Logging.
I have joined this community to participate in the discussion about the
proposal that has been presented and provide comments/input based on my
experience with Commons Logging and Java Logging in J2EE environment.

I have reviewed all the responses posted to the original proposal and I
tried to identify all the issues raised. I think it might be useful to
revisit them in separate threads, just to make the navigation a bit easier.
At this moment, I think following aspects of the proposal need more
discussion, in order to come to a agreement as a community:
1. Logging interface - methods for logging entry and exit events.
2. Logging interface - i18n and l10n support
3. Discovery process
4. Packaging, versioning and name

Tomas