Sounds great.
Have just committed...
- more tests
- empty-handling as before
To test, I simply modified <maven.local.home>/cache/maven-xdoc-plugin/project.xml to depend on the latest jelly:xml... and the [] I got were all in some java kind of code... was this enough test ? I hope... I'm fading away.

Before releasing, I'd really like an x:switch... I found this several times painfully missing... (or an x:when to be a child of j:switch!). But maybe this makes people wait too much...

paul