I very much like that and think it really is straight forward.

Comments:
- Why is Action an abstract class?
- Wouldn't it be possible (and even desirable) to have a more general
Pattern class instead of a String in Digester#addRule?
- I like the bodySegment vs. body design :)
- I like the no dependency and digester2 package approach
- It's no secret that I am no fun of reflection stuff: is it really
necessary to have the subclasses of Action be part of the *very*,
*very* digester *core*?

If so I would be more than happy to abandon xmlio (in) as - apart from
philosophical considerations - it would be superfluous and I would
offer development support for digester if that is welcome.

Oliver