jean-frederic clere wrote:
Max Zinal wrote:

There is a major problem with that patch. It links libjvm.sl
directly to jsvc binary in addition of dlopen()ing it because
of static TLS entry inside libjvm.sl. These TLS problems are
native and common to HP-UX, and I don't know how to get rid
of it.

The LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/opt/java1.4/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0W/server -ljvm" probably cause the static linking. What happends if you remove it?

jsvc initialization fails when it tries to load appropriate libjvm.sl.
I cannot give you the exact error message because I don't currently have
access to HP-UX system, but it's something about a static TLS entry in
libjvm.sl itself. The text in the error message suggests relinking
libjvm.sl with dynamic TLS enabled. So we you cannot dlopen() libjvm.sl
if it is not already linked to the calling binary (e.g. jsvc). So this
is a major problem I've mentioned before.